The migme Lifestyle

Keep Watching


Top Community Leaders of migme

Tuesday 24 February 2015



Top January CLs on mig reveal all

In January, two Community Leaders stood out—@sobuz.st and @doriyakiz. We had a chat with them to find out what makes them tick and their tips on having fun on mig.


Tell us about yourself.
My name is Md. Ahad Al Alam, and I’m 23 years old. My hometown is Manikganj, Dhaka in Bangladesh. I am in my final year, studying Fashion and Design at Shanto-Mariam University of Creative Technology (SMUCT).

How did your mig username come about?
My mother loves to call me sobuz. It means green in Bangla language. She likes both nature and the color green.
I am known in my neighborhood as ST. My friends used to call me green and nature as well. After I told them that you get oxygen from nature, and oxygen is transparent, my friends started calling me Transparent Green. My sister @sinboo was the one who suggested the initials ST—S for Sobuz, T for transparent.


Do you like gardening? You post a lot about your fruit.
I love gardening. That is my hobby. I’ve bought some plants and I’m trying to give them extra care. I had grapes too, but those were too sour. Unbelievable. Yuck! I bought strawberries and dragon tree.  I also grow some flowers—Rose and Dalia.
What else do you do?

A group of friends created a group MG7 where we make different short films. It stands for ManikGanj7, because there are 7 friends and it named after my city. We have made two short films: one horror and one love story.
We showed the first one on our local area’s satellite TV channel. It was quite popular, and we got lots of negative and positive feedback.
We have been working on a new film Big Hero Returns, but this film is still not completed after two years of work. The main reason is because two friends (@dj.riyad and @chapal1.0) went to Italy to study. Then I was busy with my studies, as my university has a lot of work and pressure. We were all also broke.

Did you also learn film in school?
This is another hobby. We are not professionals. I had some ideas about film and photography which I learnt from my favorite teacher who is a director of a photography agency about 3 to 4 yeas ago.
In 2013, I went to director Adnan Al Rajeev’s film agency in Bangladesh for an interview. I was so nervous, because there were many Bangladeshi celebrities working in film. They told me to come after my studies, because they were looking for a full-time assistant director, not part-time.

So fashion or film?
It would be great if I could work with films and fashion to get more experience.
I have plans to work as a designer here in Bangladesh after graduation. If I am good there, I will stick with it. I also have plans to have my own fashion house.

How long have you been on mig?
I was invited by a friend to join mig in February 2009. I’ve forgotten the original ID I signed up with, though. I created this ID in November 2009 after I got a new phone.

What made you stay on mig after so long?
I love this platform more than Facebook. Facebook is boring for me. All are running after girls there. Here (on mig) I love to be connected with my friends, friends abroad and family members too.  Now mig33 is migme! It’s growing, in sha’Allah, mig will be at the top with lots of friends and fun again, where people will not feel bored with millions and millions of users.

What changes do you hope to see on mig?
I would like to see voice and video call or media sharing and media album features on migme.

Any tips on how to post good miniblog content?
I just wanted to tell friends that whatever they post on miniblog, it’s yours and you can decorate your post to attract your friends who will see that your post is different from others. Original content are appreciated and they can add decoration like text and symbols. And whatever they post, the hashtag should be match with it.

@doriyakiz
Tell us about yourself.
My name’s Luke. I came to Singapore originally from Malaysia five years ago and have been here since. I am currently working (sadly—I prefer studying) as a psychologist associate at an early intervention centre with special needs children.

I blog during my free time. I love blogging, that’s for sure, and have been doing that as a hobby ever since I was 16! Which was almost 9 years ago. Yeah, I am a quarter-of-a-century old now. Other than that, I love gaming and also the outdoors.
Tell us about the origin of your blog name—lukeyishandsome? Do you also have a photo for us?
Origin of my blog name. Hmm. I guess you can look at my profile picture and you can find the answer there :p
But I kid, of course. It started out as a joke between me and my friends, I kinda like self-praising in real life, and my best friends suggested that name when I was buying a domain for my blog back in 2009. The name, of course, stuck, since it’s quite eye catching and eyebrow raising, and I just left it there ever since. Too lazy and troublesome to change it anyway.
How did your mig username come about?
It’s Doraemon’s favorite food! But I was looking for a memorable screen name back when I was 16, and there was this group called the Teriyaki Boyz that time, I kinda took Doriyaki Boyz as inspiration back then. Like my blog, the name stuck, and it’s a screen name that really unique. Which makes applying for forums, websites, games much easier :p

Luke (right).
What do you love more – Blogging, vlogging, posting on social media?
Hmm that’s a really tough question. Can I be greedy and say I like a bit out of everything? I like blogging because it allows me to organize my thoughts more coherently, vlog because I enjoy video-making and social media because it allows me to interact friends and readers.
What is your experience on mig like?
Quite interesting, to be honest! I did not expect much when I joined migme, but I found the community here to be quite lively and engaging. There’s a lot of different events to keep the community engaged and it feels more like a family here than a social network!
You were one of the top community leaders for Jan, do you have any tips for others who want to do better?
Never be lazy! And keep yourself organized.
Any tips on blogging?
Be yourself when you write, and read a lot! It helps you to see what writing styles are out there and it never hurts to try to use proper English (if you’re blogging in English) when blogging. The Internet loves proper language usage and until today I am still learning to proof read every time I finish a post. A little bit of discipline goes a long way too, and I make it a point to blog at least once every two days, no matter how trivial the topic might be. Just to keep my passion going.
You are quite a funny guy. Do you have a joke that never fails to make someone laugh?
Hmm. Now that’s a tough one. I have a few though, but they are the ones that are more like a cold joke rather a really funny one. Like if you can’t stand something, you can always sit down. Or when you’re stuck in a traffic jam, you can always bring some bread to go with it #geddit
Okay, maybe not.

If you are interested in becoming a Community Leader on mig, you can sign up here and get more information. 


No comments: